International Students

Are you an international student studying at a UK vet school? Thinking about working in the UK after graduation? Your University should have a dedicated team to help answer all your questions and support your job applications. Example: University of Edinburgh

Tier 2 is the main immigration route for non-EU/EEA/Swiss nationals who wish to work in the UK. If you wish to stay in the UK to work after you have finished your studies, there are concessions for full time Tier 4 students, which make it easier to get a Tier 2 visa. There are a number of concessions available to students who are switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 to make it easier to apply:

List of Tier 2 Sponsors can be found here at

You can search this list for the word vet to find employers that are already registered this is useful when selecting EMS placements!